Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sick.

I picked up some sort of illness while at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival on Sunday. I am struggling through day seven of being sick. I mean REALLY sick. I have spent a week in bed and have kept down only two or three meals. As such, I have thought very little about anything other than the following:

  1. Blankets
  2. Pillows
  3. Trashcan
  4. Medication
  5. Ice Packs
  6. Hot Water Bottles
  7. Funeral arrangements, because I can't see a future beyond being sick.
Every hour is a gamble. Am I getting better? Are my insides still trying to become outsides? I get sick often enough that I know I can't be in a car or read off a screen when I'm not well. Really the only thing I can do when I'm sick is make sad ghost noises from under 5 quilts on the couch. 

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know that when I am sick I am like a hibernating bear; I dig in and don't come out for a week. I always think I am dying when I get sick too. I can't believe that people can feel so bad and believe that it is just a little bug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. That sounds terrible. It is definitely that time of year where the nasty illnesses are going around. I know that when you don't feel good nothing seems enjoyable, but maybe binge watching a favorite show can help ease the pain. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick too! I've been battling it for about 3 weeks now. It's driving me nuts. I feel like total crap for a day or two and then I'm better, and then I'm back to feeling terrible. I wish I could have a full week to just lay in bed and get rid of ths crap! I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick sucks! Like everyone else, I hate being sick. In fact, every time I am sick, I tell myself over and over again what I will do to avoid getting sick again! Though I never actually go through with it, it sure "sounds good" to say it while I'm sick. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no being sick is the worst! That is awful that you got sick from Epcot, which is something that is supposed to be so fun. Definitely keep drinking lots of fluids and watch lots of Netflix. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is the worst kind of sick! Yuck! Glad you are feeling better! I have been sick like that only once and for 24 hours. I am not sure how my daughter spent the day, but we both survived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that sounds horrible! That is the worst. How was the Epoct food and wine festival besides getting you sick? I have never been but have always wanted to go. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete